How to switch-off Marginnote (MacOS) syncing to iClod? - "Evident" way not working

MarginNote is losing many of my pdfs/docs in my folders, seemingly due to an iCloud problem. So I have turned off what I understood it was the switch for iCloud syncing:

Yet, after one day day having switched iCloud off, the documents keep disappearing again after some time (today after some hours… - it used to be after some seconds or minutes). How can this be related with iCloud if it was actually disconnected from it? Or where is the real switch to stop MarginNote syncing to iCloud?

I can leave without using MarginNote on another device, but I do really need to be able to access and use my previous work (highlights) and the corresponding pdfs on MacOs’ Marginnote… So, as iCloud is being pointed out as responsible in the very MarginNote forum, I need to turn off iCloud in Marginnote… Isn’t the above the way to do it? How can it be done? What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance

Hello

You can turn off iCloud in here.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

Hi. There’s nothing here to see. The word image shows, but I have tried in evey browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, others…) and no image is displayed in any of them

Sorry, it could be a network problem, this is the picture

I see now, many thanks.

As it is a setting you select by selecting a particular file, it looked like a per-file iCloud setting; but switching the item in one seems to change the setting for all files in the folder, so it must be a folder setting.

Interestingly, the problematic folders were actually turned off… A parent folder had this iCloud setting on, and didn’t have any problems with it.

I have turned on for the problematic folders (as at this moment they were there -they still disappear after some time). But turning it on, made all the other files in the folder and subfolders disappear again immediately.

More “interestingly”, I have closed Marginnote and reopened it… went to this folder again, and the files were there again… and this iCloud setting was switched off!

In any case, if iCloud was turned off (both as you said and in the setting in my first pic), how can iCloud be the cause of this problem?

If iCloud is still the cause, this way of switching it off is not working either, as the files keep disappearing (and appearing intermittently) when it is off.

I guess we have to clarify this first, in order to solve my ultimate problem of files disappearing

Hello

You can reinstall the MarginNote3 and take care to back up your study notes before installing it.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team