MarginNote User Manual not available?

When I click the link to download the user manual I simply get an error message.

Is the manual available somewhere? I’m loving this app so far, but there is a HUGE learning curve and the manual would be very helpful.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I was told a new manual for Margin Note 3 will be released in a couple weeks from now.

True. We are working on the English version now and will update the Mandarin version later.
For now, if you have any particular questions or issues regarding the usage of MarginNote 3, just send us an email and let us know what we can help you with.
Regards,
MarginNote
Support Team

Does that mean the User Manual will not be available anytime soon?

Hello,

Still there is no manual available. Only the few Youtube Videos. Can we expect a PDF that describes the functionality in written form?

Thanks.

If I had known that the software still didn’t have a manual, I wouldn’t have purchased the software. This is utterly ridiculous. I seriously would like a refund. You need to inform potential buyers that you don’t have a manual. I’m beginning to think that I don’t even trust the developer of this software and that they don’t have their users best interest at heart and that the app is a cover to collect user information.

1 Like

Totally agree it is a serious matter not to have a detailed user guide for a software as useful and complex as MarginNote. This software has great potential that should be made very clear through effective documentatin that would lead marketing efforts. The developers are actually shooting themselves in the foot and ultimately reducing their market share.

But perhaps the issue is man power, and this may be a very small company with limited resources. So it would be understandable that they are late with documentation, although they continue to lose market every single day because of it. Business acumen is key in such decisions.

1 Like

I have been considering purchase, but apparently it’s a complex product (which might be good - also a capable product), but the lack of manual has held me off.
Any good date for availability??

3 Likes

Just upgraded from MN2, sure about the availability of a Manual, at that price!!!

Very, very disappointed.

kN

2 Likes

While a comprehensive user manual is lacking, the desktop app offers a ‘Quick Guide,’ accessible from the sidebar, covering the essentials.

24%20PM

I see this is a “trending” topic, and it’s just the issue I came looking for. I’ve been a MarginNote user from the beginning. Even was an active beta user. I am so disappointed that there is no Manual. I use the app personally and professionally, and have been really selling it on my colleagues, but I’m starting to think otherwise as the learning curve is rather steep. Of course the average novice user might find quite a few fetures worth exploring, but given that using MarginNote sacrifices some compatibility with more common PDF and ePub readers, the best thing it has going for it is its rich, powerful features. But those wonderful, unique settings are walled off if there is no user manual, which makes one hesitate before investing in this potentially great product. PLEASE - can we have a User manual? Can the community help in any way? Just give us the bare essentials.

Working from a 2018 ipad Pro 10.5”

1 Like

I agree. Frustrating. But I also love figuring out the hidden uses of marginnote. If you have any questions, please ask me!! I’m always curious to see what this amazing software can do.

I, too, would dearly love a user manual.

1 Like

The only thing I found is for MarginNotes 2. But I guess it is better then nothing ? I suppose that the basic features are still the same : http://docplayer.net/42853760-Marginnote-user-manual-ver-2-0-3.
Just copy and paste the http link and “html” at the end. I hope this reply will not be hidden now. fingers crossed.

The only thing I found is for MarginNotes 2. But I guess it is better then nothing ? I suppose that the basic features are still the same :

//docplayer.net/42853760-Marginnote-user-manual-ver-2-0-3.

copy and past the line above and add ‘http’ in the beginning and add ‘html’ at the end.

Fingers crossed the link will not appear as a pagelink. Because this reaction will be removed otherwise.

Manual?? This is so old do you still not have a manual???

Hello,

Welcome new to the MarginNote Forum. We now create a new category ‘community-powered wiki’ for MarginNote 3 users.
As it’s translated from Chinese user manual, it may include some little error. If you want to give us a hand and join the wiki group, you are expected to refer to this post: #WIKI# Table of Contents & Wiki-Editor-Group Guide and Proposal

Regards,
Support Team

unbelievable, even after almost 3 years (from October 2018 to August 2021) the manual is not available on the official website? I don’t understand.