Math Text

Hi,

I’m a longtime user of MarginNote 2. As a researcher in computer science, the ability to type mathematical formulae into my annotations and MindMap is crucial to any software I use. I’d really love to upgrade to MarginNote 3 but it’s currently unusable to me because of this.

Any LaTeX support or similar, the same way as in MarginNote 2, would instantly make me switch and recommend this to my colleagues. I’ve also talked to others in math, physics, and engineering that feel the same. Is this on the timeline somewhere? If so, I’d really like to know around when it will be introduced; otherwise I’ll unfortunately have to look for other software, despite loving MarginNote 2 for so long :slightly_frowning_face: .

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Same here. REALLY hope they could add latex support in the future.

3 Likes

Hello,I have sent your request to our development team. We will consider and implement user requests, possibly in the form of plug-ins, but we cannot guarantee when. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help further.

Thanks. It seems there has been demand for this in other topics recently as well:

Is there any way we could be updated on the status of this? It says in the first thread that this need was relayed to the development team again a few weeks ago - it would be very helpful to know if it has been accepted or rejected by them.

We’ve supported markdown and latex in the new plugin and hope this is helpful.

Regards.

Just amazing!!!

Cool, thank you so much for the heads up! How do I get started using it on mobile?

1 Like

Make sure to update to the new version and it’s perfectly fine on mobile devices.

Regards.

Hello, I am in trouble to typing math equations. I am aware that Marginnote supports markdown and latex in the new plugin. I am sorry I have no idea how to use the new plugin.
Can you share a tutorial movie how to type math equations in Marginnote3 on Mac/IPad?

Kind regards,
Kyungil

Hello, what step are you on now? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
1.Download the plugin, you will get a .mnaddon file
2. Go to Marginnote3 and load the plugin.
3. Go to the settings interface, open the loaded plug-in.
4. Enter the card editor, click on the bottom right corner to open the menu bar, find the markdown editor.

Regards.

1 Like

Hello Edward_Support-Team,

I appreciate your reply. I solved thanks to you.

Kind regards,
Kyungil