【MN Official Add-on】May 7th, Beta1.0.1: Markdown, a powerful card editor supporting MD, Latex and more

Introduction

This plugin provides a powerful card editor based on Editor.md. It supports Markdown, Latex, UML diagrams, tables and more. After installation, a markdown option will appear in the pop-up menu on the card editing interface. You can then write your card in Markdown.

User interface

Equations

Latex is also supported to facillitate inline math equations.

Equations

Flow charts

UML FlowChart and Sequence are also supported to help you describe graphs and diagrams.

Flow charts

Tables

Markdown tables are also supported.

Tables

Examples

Full example - Editor.md examples

Compatibility

Marginnote 3.6.8 or higher

Changelog

May 7th
Beta1.0.1
Bug fixes

Download

markdown.mnaddon (1.6 MB)

6 Likes

thank you for this extension, but can you please how we can use it

Downloaded and opened it. Can’t get it to work at all.

Please provide user documentation.

That looks awesome! Will try it and give comments.

Seems to work well for me on my Mac (once I upgraded to 3.6.8).

For those who are stuck… Make a note, click on the “…” in the lower right corner of the note window. Choose MarkDown.

Very neat!

BUT - on my iPad (also running v3.6.8) I don’t see a way to write MarkDown. That menu selection is not there on the iPad. So that is a problem. But I can view MarkDown that I wrote on my Mac in the notes on my iPad. I just can’t write or edit MarkDown on the iPad.

— Never mind about the above. Apparently the iPad wasn’t running MN3 3.6.8. I just updated and now it is and it works fine!

This is really a very nice addon! Thanks!

Hello,hani.

Plz check this button.

Regards.

1 Like

Hi, how can I edit my cards with Markdown/Latex on iOS? I see you have a picture of someone using a Markdown table on the iPad in the post. Thanks so much for this well-needed addition. @Edward_Support-Team @Sushi_Support-Team

I am getting the same issues as in 【MN Official Add-on】May 8th, Beta1.0.2: CKEditor, a simple and easy card editor for tables and equations - #6 by sm000 for this add-on, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Very cool tool! I would much more appreciate if we could use Markdown/Latex in the title of the mindmap!

1 Like

I tried this in the latest build, 3.6.11.

Boy, what a total disappointment. It’s buggy, slow, and the design is confusing.

Issues:

(1) The markdown only seems to apply to some new genre of comment below the note card text. It is still not possible to even add italics to the main notecard text.

(2) As I type in the markdown comment, the editor adds spurious CRs above my text. I have to cut these out.

(3) The new note comment is tiny, almost unreadable.

(4) There is a huge amount of white space above and below the new markdown comment.

(4) Very slow and sluggish.

(5) Not localized into English. No documentation.

(6) Terrible UI/UX. There now seem to be three slightly-different modes of editing notecards, two slightly-different genres of comments, and two different note editors, one for markdown, and one for regular comments.

Please, this is not progress.

3 Likes

I like the plugin and have enjoyed using it, but I’ve had an issue rendering a LaTeX equation:

$$^{q}D = \left( \sum_{i=1}^{R} p_{i}^{q} \right) ^{1 / (1 - q)}$$

renders as

rather than

which is the output from LaTeXiT. Can you help me with finding out why the renderer doesn’t show the equation correctly?

moononthebones None #12
I like the plugin and have enjoyed using it, but I’ve had an issue rendering a LaTeX equation:
$$^{q}D = \left( \sum_{i=1}^{R} p_{i}^{q} \right) ^{1 / (1 - q)}$$
renders as
rather than
which is the output from LaTeXiT. Can you help me with finding out why the renderer doesn’t show the equation correctly?

Same Problem here perhaps the text has been copied from an htlm source: it conteins html tags like
and so on that the plugin can’t interpret and “brakes” the latex formula
I’ve typed in similar formula, the plugin works perfectly

(7) When exporting notes, the Markdown is rendered as an image of text and not actual Markdown.

1 Like

Very nice tool, thanks for sharing :heart:

Hi there,

Is this feature planed for ios version?

Hello

Hello, both Mac and IOS can use this function

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Heng
Support Team

Is there a way to adjust the window size? It looks super small on my mac. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi! Try this~
Open up the document and click on the edit icon.

This way, it will be much much bigger~
Regards
Sushi - SupportTeam
12/10/2020

He meant: when using only mind map screen
as you clearly understand