OCR on Mac vs iPad

I am trying to figure out how OCR works on the Mac vs iPad. On iPad, OCR seems to work automatically on the whole document, but on Mac it only scans when you do a capture. How can I get Mac OCR to work like iPad OCR?

(upload://cPIMrGlYaf8hbZbIWOxVFTlwi0Z.png)

1 Like

Yes, I have the same question. The document is OCR’d on my iPad but I get the following error message on my Mac:

Also, there seems to be now way to “force” OCR on the Mac…

1 Like

@Support-Team @Relight_Support-Team @Min

Tagging support team on this

I have the same problem: “This PDF may be a scanned version. To select text, you need to perform OCR firstly.” I have just bought the full version for Mac because I wanted to use OCR from my new Mac. I really appreciate if you could help us because I am investing a lot of money in your app. Thank you very much for your effort.

Hello

Hello, we will try to add the OCR pro function to the mac!

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

2 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for working on this.
Right now I have to do an OCR scan in PDF Element Pro software and then import it into MarginNote after that. It would be much better to have the same OCR in both iOS and Mac, so then an extra outside software is no longer necessary on the Mac. Thank you.

Please do something on that. And one more query when I share a article in safari with reading mode it doesn’t show margin note icon. Please give update for than.

Hello

Hello, please export PDF in the "print" ~ currently does not support Safari's PDF export!

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

1 Like

Hi, any progress on this, please? It’s really weird that my PDF is ‘recognised’ and selectable in the iPad app, and the very same document is still just a ‘scan’ in the Mac. I’ve actually come back to marginnote for the cross app syncing and usage, and yet here I can’t use the Mac app because of this.

2 Likes

Hello

Hello, I think it's because your PDF does not have OCR, and there is no OCR pro on the mac, so it's like this ~

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

Please give OCR in iMac in the next update. So that it will be useful at the right time.

I’m having the same issue!! I purchased the OCR function on the iPad version but not able to use on Mac. Please update this. Thank you!!!

I need some help understanding this. If I open a scanned document in MarginNote on iOS and it can “OCR” the document, should I expect that it gets saved as an OCR’d document that will open as such in MarginNote on the Mac? Or will a document NEVER be available in OCR form on Mac unless I convert it with a different application?

Hello

Hello, this function is not supported at the moment~

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

Hello! It has been a year since I first
Posted this question. Is there any progress adding the OCR pro function to the Mac version? (Right now I have to use PDF Element for that function) Thank you for your support!

Hello

Hello, this function is not supported at the moment~

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Relight
Support Team

I also just purchased the MacOS version after having used it on the iPad no problem–but to my surprise, no OCR! Help

1 Like

I know! Frustrating. They say they are working on getting OCR on Mac but it’s been a year and nothing yet…:frowning:

Yeah its true. Tango im waiting for so long.

Still waiting for the OCR. It is very important that you could fix this problem. It brings me a lot of inconvenience.