Only eleven document tabs are shown in the tab bar at a time.😔

I have attached over 50 documents to one study note book.
But only eleven document tabs are shown in the tab bar at a time. (I think most recent 11 tabs)
Because of this I can’t use the app properly.

Please try this procedure to test the bug or intentional update.

1. Make a new study note attaching over eleven documents (about twenty documents)
  2. Then open that study note.
  3. You will be able to see only eleven tabs are shown in the tab bar.

1 Like

I also referred to this type of problem here: Sub-Documents in Sub-Mindmaps

A good way to tackle this problem would be, to whether implement a “page”-view for tabs. Like you have 55 Documents → 11 Documents/page → 5 Pages.

Another (i would prefer that) solution would be, to give the user the option to hide some documents. Following scenario:

I have 50 Documents imported but I just want to study 3 right now

• In the option “Manage” i could set an extra toggle for “focusing” on specific documents.
  • After I set that checkbox for the 3 Documents, only 3 are shown in the tab-bar, but the rest would remain imported in the mind-map.

Did you notice the issue exactly what I have mentioned? I don’t know whether this issue is only happening to me.

Both of your suggestions are amazing. I have also reported a request earlier about hiding of documents but still attached.

As you mentioned categorization of document tabs would be extremely useful.

Developers, please consider about this.

I talked to the support team earlier and they told me it’s a new feature rather than an issue and it’s purpose is to decrease the many tabs which overwhelm the user. However, I don’t agree to that and I support the previous version feature.

1 Like

Thank @Medicine for informing me.
Previously we used Document tabs arranged in order of need.
1st tab-always always always always need
2nd tab-always always always need
3rd tab-always always need
4th tab-always need
12th tab-occasionally need
16th tab-occasionally occasionally occasionally need
……

Because of this new update of maximum 11 tabs, if we open 12th tab to 22nd tab it replaces all always need tabs.

Please developers remove this new update or at least increase maximum amount of tabs to 18/20.

@admin
@Support-Team
@Bubble_Support-Team
@Relight_Support-Team
@Edward_Support-Team

1 Like

First eight tabs - Automatically pin their position.
(They don’t change their order/position no matter what document is opened).

Next 3/4 tabs- change with most recently open documents.

This is the best option☝️

@admin
@Support-Team
@Bubble_Support-Team
@Relight_Support-Team
@Edward_Support-Team

1 Like

Hello

yes ,this is not a bug .but you can open the other documents in list

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

Ok. Then what about by suggestion to manage tabs (look above :point_up_2:) without automatically hiding them.

Hello

sorry,this is no way to realize it.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bubble
Support Team

Please raise the number of 11 tabs. already it is not working properly. When I order the documents for exp. document 3 is vanishing, and when I try to reorder documents, the other ones are vanishing. Also, I try to write manuscripts, and I need to read too many articles on one subject. With this 11 tabs feature, I can’t use this app. At least you can give an option for users to choose how many tabs they want. I hope you will fix this issue. Thank you.

2 Likes