PDF storage help for newbie

Hello, I have just started using MN3 and would like some help. I like the approach but can’t cope with the duplicate pdf’s it creates when I import them. I basically am ending up with 3 copies of pdf with my reference library, the original files and the ones for MN3 is there a way to not create another pdf?
Thanks

Hello

Hello, you can try to use icloud, or other software to edit a good pdf and then import it into mn inside use, I’m sorry, because mn is not a pdf editor

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Hi there,

I have the same challenge with multiple copies.

I just decided to ignore that issue, since the highlights and markup in MN is vital to my workflow.

Hello

If you use the "Insert PDF page" feature, a document with the same name will be created. This is a protection mechanism that cannot be disabled because different PDFs have different sizes, properties, etc. Inserting or deleting PDFs may cause the document to be lost, and the operation of deleting PDF pages cannot be undone, so to avoid such a loss, Marginnote will automatically generate a file with the same name as a backup.

You can delete unwanted documents after checking, or temporarily disable the function of inserting PDF pages.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

Okay, thanks I will have a try. I understand why mn needs them I just need to work a better system as I’m trying to reduce costs and iCloud storage is a waste of money and 3 of the same pdf is madness. I will look at option you mentioned first. Thank you

Hi Charley. Not sure if this is your issue, but MN3 keeps a local copy and an iCloud copy. If you don’t use iCloud for syncing (with iOS device) and keep your documents locally (rather than on iCloud), I presume you would just have one copy. I think they have a local copy so you can work offline and not have PDFs on iCloud that you can’t access due to lack of internet connection. See here: