About Video module

About Video module

• 1 Video play

Click to play video

• 2 Video clip

The first click to determine where the cut video starts, and the second click to determine where the video ends. The video you cut after double clicking will be automatically inserted into the mind map

• 3 Video timeline preview

Stretch this axis to control the accuracy of the number of frames displayed on the video axis below the screen

• 4 Video double speed playback

Click different options to determine the speed of video playback

• 5 Video timeline

By dragging the timeline, you can also preview the content of different periods of the video, while dragging for quick positioning

Features in video module

MarginNote 3 currently supports viewing video files, and supports annotating and annotating video files (equivalent to pdf), and supports export to Anki.

Supported video formats

Currently supports mp4, m4v, mov three formats

Importing video files

Click to view Q2 How can MarginNote3 import different types of documents?

1 Like

if we take a clip from MP4 and add that in mind map, that clip won’t Play if delete the original video file…this is frustating

Sorry for your troubles, but this is intended – videos could take too much space, so they are not stored together with the document.

Regards,
Kevin

Thanks for your reply! Couldn’t revert immediately due to my term exams.

I am from medical field and innumerable things are kind of procedure…and I intend to have clips (from either online videos or some big mp4 files) of those important steps in my outline as well as mind map so I can always review them. this is very critical for us. Even if we are able to add clips with limited size that can be a great help. Alternatively, these clips can be uploaded (similar to photo and audio) when editing a note. Please update this feature as this is really critical. Thanks

I’m using OSx and the videos that I put in the notebook stay there. I’ve tested backup and restore and checked the size of the file. The video stays there and all the clips reference it. I like this.

However, I’d like to see some keyboard support such as mentioned by other users:

There should be a menu item for Play/Pause, Rewind 5 s, Rewind 10 s, Forward 5 s, Faster, Slower, 1x, 1.5x, 2x, 3x speed, start cut, end cut to select video start and end points, etc.

If menu commands were available users could then map them using Keyboard Maestro or the internal OSx functions to what they need.

This way, they can type notes about the video, pause the video and type more notes and continue the typing without touching their mouse.
Users that want to draw can use the mouse for drawing and have keyboard shortcuts for the video. This way, they don’t have to move the mouse over to the video area and click in order to play/pause.

Hello

Thanks for your post. I will report all the audio-related requirements to developers in detail. I also think that video excerption is one of the important functions of MN3 in the future.

Kind Regards,
MarginNote-Bryan
Support Team