Partial Annotations after Upgrade and Sync

Recently I tried MN2 for a few days on my iPad before upgrading to MN3. I imported docs from MN2 to MN3 which seemed to go ok. I then tried MN3 on my Mac (trial as I only have MN2 paid version on my Mac) and imported (synchronised) a couple of edited PDFs from my iPad to Mac and found many instances of missing annotations, partial highlights missing, etc.

Hello, martinkoss,
Currently, there are still some problems with the sync mechanism. And we will improve sync mechanism in version 3.7. Please stay tuned!
Regards,
Bryan

For more information about sync, please refer to these posts, which may give you a hand.

Regards,
Bryan

Considering the price there shouldn’t be these problems. Can’t believe you charge such a high price for the Mac version while it is, essentially, still in BETA. £45.99 for an app that has loads of issues! No thanks.

Hello, martinkoss,
I’m sorry for it. Because at the beginning, the developer wanted notebooks and documents to be stored separately, so he use CloudKit to sync data between different platforms. Finally it proved a wrong decision.
As you know, some basic code of one software is difficult to modify and sync problem is not just a unilateral problem. I think you must have used MarginNote 3 for iPad and you must have experienced some big update, such as 3.5(OCR Pro & compatible with iOS13). Don’t you feel a little bit improvement each small update?
At last, we respect your choice. But I believe we will finally provide users with a better sync mechanism and more ways to think. Please give us a little time and attention. Thanks.
Regards,
Bryan